|Beets with Arugula, Spicy Hazelnuts and Smoked Ricotta || || |
Recipe type: Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Oven roasted baby beets with aged ricotta and pan-caramelized spiced hazelnuts
- 4 red baby beets
- 4 golden yellow baby beets
- Baby Arugula
- Smoked ricotta
- Caramelized spiced hazelnuts
- FOR VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- CARAMELIZED SPICED HAZELNUTS
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed pomegranate juice
- Olive oil balsamic vinaigrette
- In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil with ¾ tablespoon balsamic vinegar, salt and freshly ground black peppercorn. Whisk until gets homogenous texture.
- To make the Caramelized spiced hazelnuts mix the sugar and the cayenne pepper. Over medium heat in a small skillet melt the sugar with the freshly squeezed pomegranate juice. Once the sugar is turned into liquid add the hazelnuts, mix well so the pieces are well coated. Set it on a side to cool off.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Individually wrap the beets in parchment paper. Place it in a roasting pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While still hot but cool enough to handle, peel off the skin very carefully with dry bounty paper.
- Once cooled completely cut them in quarters.
- In a big serving plate or in an individual salad plates place the arugula arrange the beets, add aged ricotta cheese and caramelized spiced hazelnuts.
- Drizzle on top with olive oil- balsamic vinaigrette.
Recipe by MAZA at http://www.mazamag.com/2013/01/beets-with-arugula-spicy-hazelnuts-and-smoked-ricotta/